ARC: Taylor and Subaru too good in Western Australia



Day 1

​After a dogfight out on the roads of the Nannup plantation forest today Molly Taylor and Bill Hayes have finished the competitive stages of Heat One at the Make Smoking History Forest Rally with a 3.1 second lead.

​Coming into the round only three points separated the leading crews in the CAMS Australian Rally Championship® (ARC) and the action today confirmed the battle for ARC supremacy isn’t about to get any easier for any of the crews.

Taylor and Hayes traded stage wins with Harry Bates/John McCarthy, Eli Evans/Glen Weston and Nathan Quinn/Ben Searcy throughout the day with the lead switching an incredible five times in eight stages.


Day 2

Molly Taylor and Bill Hayes have reigned supreme at the Make Smoking History Forest Rally in Nannup, Western Australia today.

​“I’ve been chasing this victory for a while, it’s my favourite rally, so I’ve always wanted to have this win and after a disappointing start in the first round to come back with this in round two was more than we could hope for,” Taylor said.

Nathan Quinn/Ben Searcy finished the day, and the rally, in second outright with the local crew of Brad Markovic/Toni Feaver in third. Both crews proved that staying below the radar and remaining consistent all weekend was the key to standing on the podium at the end of the event.

After an opening Heat which saw some of the closest rallying the CAMS Australian Rally Championship® (ARC) has seen in recent years, with five lead changes and four stage winners, the action in Heat Two was more about survival.

Eli Evans and Glen Weston jumped out of the box this morning getting out to an early lead before their rally all but ended with high-speed collision with a concrete water tank during the sixth stage of the Heat.

The Tankformers team was able to get the car back into the service park and repair the Peugeot enough to limp across the finish line and salvage some all-important Championship points.