We take a look at the action from FP1 along images from Paul Foster.
Romain Dumas leads the way in the first official practice session of the 2022 FIA World Endurance Championship season at Sebring Raceway in Florida.
The first session of the 10th anniversary year for the FIA World Endurance Championship was completed at Sebring Raceway, Florida, this morning as the 2022 WEC season roared into action.
Romain Dumas set the fastest lap of the session in the No.708 Glickenhaus Racing 007 Hypercar. Kevin Estre led LMGTE Pro for Porsche.
Heavy rain ended any lap time improvements with 20-minutes of the session remaining.
The Headlines from FP1 at Sebring:
- Romain Dumas set his best time of 1m49.738s just before the rain fell at Sebring Raceway with 20 minutes of the session left
- Sebastien Buemi had set the early benchmark with a 1m50.267s lap in No.7 Toyota GR010 Hybrid Hypercar but saw both the Glickenhaus and then the Alpine ELF Team entry push him down to third
- Matthieu Vaxiviere lapped the Alpine A480-Alpine 0,.565s shy of Dumas’ best time to place second in the Hypercar category
- Kevin Estre tops LMGTE Pro with an early session best lap of 1m58.827s in the No.92 Porsche 911 RSR
- Estre edges stablemates, Gianmaria Bruni and Richard Lietz, in No.91 Porsche by just 0.054s
- Corvette Racing place third as they prepare for their first-ever full WEC season. Tommy Milner sets the best lap of 1m59.839s
- Reigning champions, AF Corse Ferrari’s James Calado and Alessandro PierGuidi are fourth ahead of the No.52 car driven this season by Miguel Molina and new Ferrari factory young gun, Antonio Fuoco
- Real Team by WRT head LMP2 as the class enters its most competitive season ever
- Ferdinand Habsburg peaks with a 1m50.477s, which is one of two laps he sets that was good enough for P1
- Habsburg’s best time is 0.5s ahead of the Prema Orlen Team as it makes its WEC debut this weekend. Louis Deletraz sets the best lap of 1m51.068s
- Third in LMP2 is the No.23 United Autosports USA Oreca-Gibson with Paul di Resta, standing in for Alex Lynn this weekend, claiming the best time of 1m51.218s
- Team Project 1’s Matteo Cairoli leads the class with the best time set in the early stages of 1m58.906
- This proves to be just under a second faster than the No.99 Dempsey Proton Porsche driven by Julien Andlauer
- Aston Martin deny a Porsche clean sweep as Nicki Thiim laps in 2m00.253s in Northwest AMR Vantage
Click HERE for the FP1 session times
The article above by Sam Smith
The RacerViews info
By Matt Hancock
We are passionate, dedicated motorsport professionals.
In 2022 you will see us trackside and stage side with exclusive coverage of
- The World Endurance Championship
- The World Rally Championship
- Belgian Rally Championship
- and more!
We aim to bring you interviews and photos you won’t see anywhere else. We don’t aim to break the news, rather we aim to bring the voices of the racers to you and the atmosphere of the event to you at home. Our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube bring you more, a holistic experience. We partner with racers and professionals in the industry and give back where we can. If we can help you or you have a story to share, please contact us.