Paul Foster is on hand to deliver all the action from Sebring.
The last lap flyer from Matthieu Vaxiviere eclipsed teammate Andre Negrao’s earlier time to ensure Alpine consolidate the top position in the second free practice session this afternoon at Sebring Raceway
Matthieu Vaxiviere posts last lap flyer to top second Free Practice session at Sebring as Alpine lead Toyota.
Porsche continues to lead in LMGTE Pro but Corvette splits the 911 RSR’s.
The Headlines from FP2 at Sebring:
- Matthieu Vaxiviere continues fine form with a late 1m50.512s lap to take fastest time of session for Les Bleues
- Earlier Andre Negrao took the Alpine A480-Alpine to the top of the timing screens by setting best lap of the session with a 1m50.845s
- No.8 Toyota GR010 Hybrid places second in session
- But Brendon Hartley’s time is struck off for speeding in pitlane, although his next best time of 1m51.380s is still good enough for second place
- No.7 Toyota takes third in session with a 1m51.503s best set by Jose-Maria Lopez
- Contact between Mike Conway’s No. 7 Toyota GR010 Hybrid and the No. 28 JOTA Oreca 07 Gibson of Jonathan Aberdein at Turn 1 resulted in a yellow flag with less than 15 minutes in the session.
- Glickenhaus placed fourth in Hypercar after missing first half of 60-minute session
- Michael Christensen leads the LMGTE Pro class after setting best time of 1m58.488s in the No.92 Porsche 911 RSR
- Corvette Racing second as Nick Tandy posts a 1m58.580 to get within 0.092s of the Porsche
- A 1m58.889s lap by Richard Lietz ensures that the top three in class are separated by less than 0.5s
- AF Corse Ferraris placed fourth and fifth in LMGTE Pro as No.51 488 GTE Evo laps narrowly quicker than the sister No.52 car
- United Autosports USA place 1-2 in LMP2 as a late time by Paul di Resta just beats sister car by 0.018s
- Di Resta’s 1m51.040s lap just shades the early time set by the No.22 United Autosports USA car with Filipe Albuquerque stopping the clocks on 1m51.058
- Real Team by WRT takes third place with Ferdinand Habsburg again claiming fastest lap on a 1m51.244s
- Robert Kubica places the Prema Orlen Team LMP2 car in fourth position after peaking with a bets lap of 1m51.395s
- Top four in LMP2 covered by just 0.4s
- Aston Martin fastest as David Pittard laps in 2m00.029s in Northwest AMR Vantage
- No.77 Dempsey Proton Porsche takes second as Harry Tincknell manages an early session 2m00.181s
- No.56 Team Project 1 Porsche is third as Ben Barnicoat set fastest time of 2m00.367s
Click HERE for FP2 results
The RacerViews info
By Matt Hancock
We are passionate, dedicated motorsport professionals.
In 2022 you will see us trackside and stage side with exclusive coverage of
- The World Endurance Championship
- The World Rally Championship
- Belgian Rally Championship
- and more!
We aim to bring you interviews and photos you won’t see anywhere else. We don’t aim to break the news, rather we aim to bring the voices of the racers to you and the atmosphere of the event to you at home. Our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube bring you more, a holistic experience. We partner with racers and professionals in the industry and give back where we can. If we can help you or you have a story to share, please contact us.