Lapierre claims first point of the season as he crushes opposition to take pole for Sebring 1000 Miles…..
Nicolas Lapierre claimed an impressive pole position for Alpine ELF Team in qualifying for the Sebring 1000 Miles this evening.
Porsche continues to impress as Michael Christensen just shades stablemate Gimmi Bruni to claim first LMGTE Pro pole of the season
The Headlines from Qualifying at Sebring:
- A 1m47.407s lap from Nico Lapierre was enough to take a clear pole for the opening round of the 2022 WEC campaign
- Lapierre goes almost a second quicker than his first effort in the session and is huge 1.3s ahead of opposition
- Olivier Pla puts Glickenhaus second on the grid with a time of 1m48.741s
- No.8 Toyota GR010 Hybrid places third and No.7 Toyota fourth as Brendan Hartley and Jose-Maria Lopez set times
- Michael Christensen takes thrilling LMGTE Pro pole position with a last lap effort of 1m57.233s in the No.91 Porsche 911 RSR
- Gimmi Bruni is beaten by just 0.150s as Porsche take clear 1-2 for first round of season
- Corvette Racing third as Nick Tandy posts a 1m55.696s in Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
- AF Corse Ferraris place in fourth and fifth in LMGTE Pro as No.51 488 GTE Evo heads No.52 with James Calado and Antonio Fuoco setting times respectively
- Nicklas Nielsen takes surprise debut pole position in LMP2 for AF Corse as Dane sets 1m49.014s
- Filipe Albuquerque places second in No.22 United Autosports USA machine with a lap of 1m49.388s
- No.23 United Autosports USA starts third in LMP2 as Paul di Resta sets peak time with a 1m49.510s
- Fabio Scherer crashes the No.34 Inter Europol entry to bring out red flag and curtail session
- No.33 TF Sport grabs pole position as Ben Keating peaks with a 1m59.204s in Aston Martin Vantage
- Aston Martin celebrate 1-2 as No.98 Northwest AMR entry driven by Paul Dalla Lana starts from class front row with a best of 2m00.583s
- No.56 Project 1 Porsche places third as Brendan Iribe lays down lap of 2m00.649s
- No.46 Team Project 1 Porsche causes early red flag after crashing at Turn 8
Click HERE for qualifying times
The RacerViews info
By Matt Hancock
We are passionate, dedicated motorsport professionals.
In 2022 you will see us trackside and stage side with exclusive coverage of
- The World Endurance Championship
- The World Rally Championship
- Belgian Rally Championship
- and more!
We aim to bring you interviews and photos you won’t see anywhere else. We don’t aim to break the news, rather we aim to bring the voices of the racers to you and the atmosphere of the event to you at home. Our social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube bring you more, a holistic experience. We partner with racers and professionals in the industry and give back where we can. If we can help you or you have a story to share, please contact us.