Glickenhaus Racing claimed a memorable pole position for tomorrow’s 2022 TotalEnergies 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps, the second round of this year’s FIA World Endurance Championship.
Olivier Pla’s early session lap of 2m02.771s was 0.2s clear of the Alpine ELF Team entry driven by Matthieu Vaxiviere.
The Porsche GT Team lock-out front-row of grid in the LMGTE Pro class, while AF Corse and TF Sport headed LMP2 and LMGTE Am respectively.
· Glickenhaus 007LMH car takes sensational first pole position as Olivier Pla beats Toyota and Alpine
· Alpine ELF Team place second 0.2s off Pla’s impressive time
· Toyota Gazoo Racing to start third and fourth as Kamui Kobayashi and Brendon Hartley qualify but are 0.3s adrift of the ultimate pace
· Porsche GT Team place 1-2 as they lock-out LMGTE Pro front row of the grid
· Gimmi Bruni in No.91 Porsche 911 RSR-19 sets a session best of 2m14.301s
· That lap is 0.1s ahead of sister No.92 Porsche driven by Michael Christensen
· Corvette Racing are third as Nick Tandy laps just 0.3s off pole position with Brit setting a best of 2m14.606s
· AF Corse Ferrari is fourth and fifth with No.51 ahead of No.52 Ferrari 488 GTE Evo as Alessandro Pier Guidi and Miguel Molina qualify
· AF Corse takes brilliant pole position as Alessio Rovera claims second consecutive pole position for Italian team in LMP2
· Rovera sets best of 2m04.246s to just shade WRT’s Robin Frijns by just 0.044s!
· United Autosports USA third with No.22 Oreca-Gibson start third as Filipe Albuquerque peaks on a 2m04.451s
· TF Sport claim pole position in LMGTE Am category as Ben Keating scorches to a best lap of 2m17.408s
· The American driver takes clear pole and is 0.5s clear of Paul Dalla Lana in No.98 Northwest Aston Martin
· Canadian sets a 2m18.912s in intra-Aston duel
· Third in LMGTE Am is No.56 Team Project 1 Porsche as Brendan Iribe peaks on a time of 2m19.700s
· Second round of 2022 FIA WEC set to get green flag at 13.00 local time on Sunday afternoon